Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Some of my favorite doilies

What is a doily?
The Google dictionary defines it as - An ornamental mat, typically made of lace and placed under decorative objects. It is a small ornamental piece of lace or linen or paper used to protect a surface from scratches by hard objects such as vases or bowls.

I would start following instructions to crochet a certain design and would always goof up somewhere in between. I'd then just rack my head and wonder how to get across the hitch. Giving up way too easily, I'd just keep crocheting to see what new design I could come up with. Some of these doilies were invented thus! Have a look...








Aren't they pretty? :)

Love,
Me

2 comments:

  1. Theyre beautiful. Ive never made a doily. i want to but I keep avoiding it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mamabird,

    From the time I've learned the tricks of crocheting, I've been obsessed with making doilies! I don't see beyond! They are fun, try and let me know :) Thanks for writing in :)

    Love,
    Me

    ReplyDelete